Here’s a list of the 10 most popular breeds of cat. But we all know the most popular, the most beautiful, the most intelligent and the most loved, lives with us.
- Persian – First place since 1871 when the Cat Fancier’s Association started keeping records.
- Maine Coon – Second place since 1992, this large cat has a gentle disposition and is an exellent ratter.
- Exotic Shorthair – a Persian with short hair and the same sweet disposition.
- Siamese – the Talkative ones with a sleek coat, once regarded as sacred.
- Abyssinian – Elegant looking, active, playful and very friendly.
- Ragdoll – Pick up this large cat (sometimes up to 30 lbs. or more) and it will go limp in your arms, very docile.
- Birman – A cat with doggy traits like coming when called and greetingyou at the door; love their humans.
- American Shorthair – Originally arived to American with the pilgrims on the Mayflower. Excellent pet for children and gets along with dogs.
- Oriental – Looks like a Siamese but with 2 different fur lengths. Intelligent and curious, loves its humans.
- Tonkinese – Another dog in disguise. Will play fetch and greet you at the door.
What’s your favorite breed?