Maddie’s Fund, the Pet Rescue Foundation, is a family foundation established in 1999 to help fund the creation of a no-kill nation. Since its inception, Maddie’s Fund has awarded animal welfare organizations and universities $71.6 million to save dog and cat lives. I think this is a great organization and wanted to share some content from their website. Here are their Top 10 reasons for shelters to consider the No-Kill route. Check out their explanation of each of these reasons on their website HERE.
- Boosts adoptions.
- Attracts and retains more volunteers.
- Improves staff morale.
- Generates greater community support.
- Creates better alignment with charitable mission.
- Enhances image.
- Sharpens and increases management skills.
- Generates more funding.
- More income = more organizational options.
- Creates more opportunities for a Maddie’s Fund grant.
Join the mission at Maddie’s Fund by going to Maddiesfund.org.