Having pets does change your lifestyle somewhat. Setting up your house, going out, even staying in, vacations. Here are some ways your life can be different.
- Your pets seem to have a built-in clock. They won’t let you sleep one minute past the time for morning feeding. Or the time for that last walk at night.
- Pets join you in the bathroom. But turning the shower on often gets them out.
- At romantic times they want some of that affection and attention.
- If you decide to take a nap, your pet is right there, ready to curl up on top of you or very close.
- You can’t keep any of your favorite items on end tables. Cats jumping or a dog’s waving tail will make short work of them.
- If you don’t want your clothing or shoes to disappear or worse, be chewed, you have to learn to be neat and put everything away.
- Cats and dogs learn quickly where the goodies are, so you may have to lock cabinets and keep closet doors closed.
- Counters are not off limits for any pet, especially if you leave food there.
- You have to make special vacation plans to either include your pet or board him/her.
- You can’t stay away overnight and leave your pet alone.
In spite of all these changes and I’m sure some of you can add a few more, life without a pet….well, that’s not a life I want.