Many of the chicken jerky treats that you can buy from pet stores and supermarkets are made in China and have been found harmful to pets. If your pet loves chicken jerky, there’s no reason to deny them. Here’s a recipe for making your own.
- Slice chicken into thin strips, about 1/8-1/4 inches along the grain.
- Remove any excess fat.
- Place on non-stick or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 180 degrees overnight or several hours during the day, turning the strips over several times.
- Cool, refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze to use later.
- Celebrate National Dog Biscuit Day
- Recipes for Cats with Diabetes
- Recipes for Cats with Kidney or Liver Disease
- Recipes for Dogs with Arthritis and Other Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Recipes for Dogs with Diabetes
- Recipes for Dogs with Heart Disease
- Recipes for Dogs with Kidney or Heart Disease
- Recipes for Sick Pets