Do you want a Designer Dog?
Designer dogs are dogs deliberately bred from two different purebred dogs. In this way you can do your research and know the characteristics of both donor dogs – size, temperament, etc. There is no guarantee you will get the exact dog you want. Just be sure both dogs are breeds you would like to share your life with. If you are prepared to accept any combination of the two purebreds, there is no problem. Without a special breeding program that could take years, you have a good chance of getting an unusual dog.
Here are some examples of Designer Dogs. There are many, many more, which we will explore at a later date. We chose these examples for their “interesting” names.
- Beagle/Boxer = “Bogle”
- Giant Schnauzer/Poodle = “Giant Schnoodle
- Great Dane/St. Bernard = “Giant Bernard”
- Havanese/Pekingese = “Havapeke”
- Labrador Retriever/English Springer Spaniel = “Labradinger”
- Alaskan Malamute/Poodle – “Malamoodle”
- Boston Terrier/Pug = “Buggs”
- Affenpinscher/Norwich Terrier = “Affenwich”
- Miniature Schnauzer/Poodle = “Schnoodle”
- Beagle/Rat Terrier = Raggle
- Pug/Scottish Terrier = “Pugottie”
- Miniature Schnauzer/Pembroke Welsh Corgi = “Schnorgi”
- Beagle/Pug = “Puggle”
- Poodle/Bichon Frise = “Bichpoo”
Can you think of others?