Are you one of those pet owners who always feels bad to leave your pet behind with Aunt Molly when you are away? Are you never satisfied with the person who is looking after your pet? Are you always frantic to get home and see if your dog is healthy? If this sounds familiar to you, we are sure that you are a good pet parent. Today there are several options that you can explore which are very beneficial for your needs. When you leave town for a long time, on a business trip or on a vacation, you should be confident that you are leaving your pet in the right place. A pet boarding facility can be the right choice for you if you take the time to find out more about it. If you want to make a concrete decision on which facility should take care of your pet’s needs, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Tips and Advice
- Have a look at some of the pet boarding facilities near your home and give them a good and thorough look on the Internet. Once you come up with a few places, you can start with the next step. Make sure you start the process of looking for a facility a good time before you are supposed to take your trip so that you have ample time to decide.
- Give a surprise visit to the pet boarding facility and have a look at various aspects which are going to affect your pet’s stay there. Have a look at the food, water, sleeping accommodations, activities, cost, employees and other aspects. If you are leaving your pet here for a long time, then you need to be confident that you are making the right decision. Make sure that the pet boarding facility has a clean and safe environment. Have a look at the premises, both inside the rooms and outside, and find out how well the facility is maintained. There should be a vet present in the pet boarding facility; if not, there should be a vet who will come anytime of the day or night to the pet boarding facility.
- The employees should be friendly and in control of every situation at the pet boarding facility. They should never scold, hit or hurt the animals. The pet boarding facility should have a set of professional individuals in the facility. They should care for the pets according to their individual needs.
- Finally, take your time visiting such pet boarding places and narrow down the selection to at least three options. Then you can easily weigh the pros and cons and you can get the right facility for your pet. Since this process is pretty lengthy, you need to ensure that you make the right decision. Time is crucial, and if you want to be confident of your decision, it is important to have some quality time to check out such pet boarding places.
- Localdogwalker.com is a free online service for pet owners to find local pet care service providers all over the U.S. and Canada. Its network of providers includes those specializing in Dog Walking, Pet Sitting, Dog Walkers, Dog Walker, Pet Sitter, Pet Sitters, Dog Sitting, Doggie Daycare, Pet Boarding Services and more.