Alert-Wild Mushrooms in Your Garden

Dog Mushroom

This tip came from a friend who told about a family’s 2 dogs who were poisoned by mushrooms in their garden.

The family was not aware that there were any mushrooms growing in their garden. But their 2 pugs found them and ate them. When they became ill after a short time, they were taken to the veterinary hospital. One of the pugs died the same day, while the other passed away after a week in the hospital. The family assured everyone that the dogs received excellent care, but to no avail.

The family was advised to collect the mushrooms in the garden and have them identified. Some tested poisonous, but none of the mushrooms should be eaten by dogs.

Please check your yard, garden, dog park or any area where you walk your dog regularly for any mushrooms and destroy them.

Facebook Comments

Comments

comments