Skin Problems in Dogs
From The Pet Wiki
- Eczema - wet eczema is raw and may have pus around the edges. Dry exzema usually appears on dog's belly and inside of hind legs. If , with a sulphur-based ointment applied twice daily, there is no improvement, call your vet.
- Ringworm - spreading bare circular patches, highly contagious to humans as well. Consult your vet.
- Mange - sarcoptic - rough, bare patches around eyes, elbows and stifle (rear thighs). Consult your vet.
- Mange - demodectic - bare patches appearing anywhere on the dog, having a peculiar odor. Consult your vet immediately.
- Allergies (see Allergies)
Following is a list of breeds that are more prone to skin problems: Cocker Spaniel, Golden Retriever, Bloodhound, Norwegian Elkhound, Neopolitan Mastiff, Standard Schnauzer, Collie, German Shepherd and Shetland Sheepdog.