The following recipe is for any pets who are debilitated and refuse food.
Nourishing Bone Marrow Soup
Cook a 2-3 lbs., preferably organic, chicken with bones. When done, de-bone. Cover bones barely with water. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice and 2-3 cups of mixed carrots, celery, squash (the acids in the vegetables help to extract the marrow from the bones). Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 4-8 hours (longer is better), being sure to add water as needed. Remove bones, strain vegetables. You can combine with chicken as a separate dish. Once vegetables and bones are removed, this leaves a nutrient rich broth that can be served in small amounts frequently. It is easy to digest. (It will gel in the refrigerator).
- Celebrate National Dog Biscuit Day
- Home Made Chicken Jerky
- Recipes for Cats with Diabetes
- Recipes for Cats with Kidney or Liver Disease
- Recipes for Dogs with Arthritis and Other Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Recipes for Dogs with Diabetes
- Recipes for Dogs with Heart Disease
- Recipes for Dogs with Kidney or Heart Disease