Welcome to The Pet Wiki Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

What should you do if you get bitten by a blue-tongued skink?

+1 vote
Are blue tongued skinks poisonous or venemous? What do you do if you get bitten by one?
asked Apr 21, 2013 in Your Health by (1,570 points)
recategorized Apr 22, 2013 by mamairis

1 Answer

0 votes
No, blue tongued skinks are not poisonous. They are the most hardy and popullar skinks for pets. Wild blue tongues often bite when picked up and may never take to handling. When they bite they often refuse to let go and can cause much pain. Wash the area well with an anti-bacterial soap and apply an antibiotic ointment. Don't wiggle fingers in front of them or place a skink close to your face to avoid being bitten there.
answered Apr 29, 2013 by (36,420 points)
...